[Orgmode] artist/mouse - was: protecting ascii art

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Orgmode] artist/mouse - was: protecting ascii art
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:07:59 +0200

Hi,

I think what we need for this a possibility to turn of org-mouse
module. Which I would like anyway, since it often get's in my way.

Maybe the mouse sensitivity could be on leading stars and links
only?

E.g. cut text with right mouse button...

In org, I now use 'M-x edit-picture' instead, which is great too.

Scott Otterson wrote:
By the way, it would be lovely if it were possible to use emacs's built-in artist-mode:

   http://www.cinsk.org/emacs/emacs-artist.html

to draw diagrams inside of an org mode buffer. Right now, hitting M-x artist-mode while already in org-mode clobbers the org file. But with some code twizzling, maybe it would be possible to use artist-mode to interactively draw ascii graphics, just like we can now create ascii tables. That would make org-mode a complete text-based system -- a plain text paradise.