[Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:46:14 +0530

Hello,

I have to use Office and envy folks that can link to their emails
(Gnus, VM etc.) and contacts (bbdb) from Org mode.  So I was looking
around and found that links to Outlook items (emails, meetings,
contacts etc.)  of the form "Outlook:<GUID>" can be stored and opened
from other applications.  The links can be created (copied to
clipboard) using "Outlook Linker" utility as described in [1].

The links are understood by many Windows applications including Word,
Excel, Explorer and Internet Explorer.  I looked at "Externanl Links"
and "Link abbreviations" in the documentation to see how I can have
Org open these links using Windows Explorer but could not figure out
any way.

I request suggestions, pointers and alternate solutions.  And if it
seems useful to others as well, then may be a feature request?

Regards,
-- Manish

[1]
http://www.davidtan.org/create-hyperlinks-to-outlook-messages-folders-contacts-events/