[Orgmode] Re: Creating an Ubuntu Package for org.

From: Paul R
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Creating an Ubuntu Package for org.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:45:00 +0200

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:19:46 +0100, Ian Barton <address@hidden> said:

Ian> Comments please!

Ubuntu uses the debian emacs packages distribution system. So if you
want an ubuntu package, you probably want to do the debian package at
first, and let the ubuntu packagers do their work for next release.

That said, org-mode has been bundled with GNUEmacs since 22 IIRC, and
it is up-to-date in the next release of emacs, version 23.

Also, I'm a strong advocate of a GNUEmacs packages management system,
because emacs lisp packages are by nature portable across systems by
themselves. Some work has been started by Tom Tromey (ELPA), but RMS
did not welcome very warmly last year the proposal to bundle it into
emacs and push it forward as the best mean to distribute emacs
packages. We hope to come to an agreement for emacs 24.

--
  Paul