Re: [Orgmode] protecting ascii art

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] protecting ascii art
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:44:12 -0700

Thanks!  Yes, this does work, and I'll definitely use it.

I wonder how hard it would be to automate those steps.

Scott

On 8/25/2008 5:26 PM, William Henney wrote:
Hi Scott
<...>
What seems to work is to first set aside some lines for your artistic
creation, select them, and do "C-x n n" (narrow-to-region) before
turning on artist-mode. Then, when you have finished, turn off
artist-mode and do "C-x n w" (widen).

This is a bit of a pain to remember the steps, but it does protect the
org file from getting clobbered.

Cheers

Will