Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-plot (generating graphs from org-mode)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:32:28 +0530

  On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:
  > Hi,
  >
  > org-plot enables generation of graphs from data stored in org tables
  > (maybe eventually elsewhere in org files).
  >
  > It is available on github at
  > http://github.com/eschulte/org-plot/tree/master or with
  >
  >  git clone git://github.com/eschulte/org-plot.git
  >
  > Included with org-plot.el is an example.org file which should quickly
  > show off it's features, options and abilities.
  >
  > While this is not completed, it is functional, and I figure better to
  > get early feedback then wait until it's all polished.  Please give it
  > a look and let me know what you think.

Awesome!  This has wonderful possibilities for my work.  I just wish I
had this a couple of months ago.  But I hope I am going to have an
opportunity to use this again soon.

Works great on GNU Emacs 22.1.1 with Org 6.06b and gnuplot 4.2
patchlevel 3.  Got a "current buffer has no process" when tried from
Windows Native GNU Emacs 22.2.1 but I am sure that's something I need
to correct at my end.

A couple of questions (or feature requests):

1. How can I save the image?  I think the question how to use a
   different device like "png" and have charts saved on disk.

2. How to use custom labels?

3. How can I pick and choose which columns to plot like in gnuplot's
   plot command?

4. How can I cycle through all tables and plot them all?

Thanks for writing and sharing this.

Regards,
-- Manish