Re: [Orgmode] Mail files in org

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Mail files in org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:07:47 -0500

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 05:45:38PM +0200, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Gnus supports maildir too although recently I moved to an IMAP server
> which accesses the maildir format created with procmail on my mail
> server.

I've recently reorganized my folders to be served up by Dovecot so I
can access my maildir inside VM with Thunderbird. A great hack, and
Mutt compatible!

> I did use Mutt for a while but being an emacs user I took the plunge and
> went Gnus and never looked back. All the things you are familiar with
> integrate nicely (flyspell, org-mode etc). And, of course, Gnus merges
> the concept of usenet and email which is great when you get it all
> sorted out and configured to your liking. But now its starting to sound
> like I am pimping  Gnus. But as an emacs user I would recommend you take
> the plunge again and retry Gnus.

I don't do usenet, and I use emacs as the message editor for Mutt. I
do use BBDB with Mutt via LBDB.

Perhaps I should review Gnus again, any good references or screenshots
of it in operation?

Russell Adams                            address@hidden