Re: [Orgmode] HTML export: how delimit escaped entity?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export: how delimit escaped entity?
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:50:53 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Aug 27, 2008, at 8:23 PM, Mark Theodoropoulos wrote:

This is probably bonehead simple, but so far that bone is broken. The entities in org-html-entities work fine for me as long as followed by a space (or another \-escaped entity), but I can't seem to discover how they're delimited within a word.

I.e. "Ren\eacute " produces "René " but I've failed to find a way to get "Ástor" out of any combination of "\Aacute" and "stor". ("\Aacutestor" -> "\Aacutestor", "\Aacute stor" naturally -> "Á stor", and nothing I've tried by way of analogy with shells (e.g. "\{Aacute}stor") or other syntax ("\Aacute\stor"? "\Aacute$stor"? etc.) has produced anything but the same string in the generated code.

I'm sure my ignorance of {insert bonehead lacuna here} is showing, but does anyone know how to put the poor man's name into an org file so that it will export?

This is a bug, there was no workaround yet.

Get the latest version, there you can write (again following tex syntax)

"\Aacute{}stor"

Not pretty, but consistent.

- Carsten

Thanks -- and repeated & continual thanks to Carsten and all other generous contributors.

Mark

--
m. theo
producer / classics without walls