Re: [Orgmode] Changed behavior with checkbox tokens

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Changed behavior with checkbox tokens
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:28:56 +0200

On Aug 20, 2008, at 3:56 AM, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

Hi all,

I've been really behind on org-mode release and recently got to a 6.x
release.  I've noticed the following 6.06b.

* b list [0/3]
 - [-] [6/7] Stooge
   - [ ] Larry
   - [X] Curly
   - [X] Moe
   - [X] Shemp
   - [X] Joe
   - [X] Joe
   - [X] Joe
 - [-] [4/5] Marx
   - [ ] Groucho
   - [X] Harpo
   - [X] Chico
   - [X] Gummo
   - [X] Zeppo
 - [ ] [0/3] Eternal
   - [-] Laurel and Hardy
     - [ ] Stan
     - [X] Oliver
   - [-] [1/2] Abbott and Costello
     - [ ] Lou
     - [X] Bud
   - [-] [1/2] Martin and Lewis
     - [ ] Jerry
     - [X] Dean

The [-] tokens are new and I do love them and have wanted something
like them since before I was begging for what became the [/] and [%]
tokens.  On the other hand, I'm a little surprised by what the [/]
tokens got filled in with.  Is there a new file or custom option that
I missed or is it no longer possible to get sub levels to feed back up
to the Todo item?

Hi Ed,

no, you are right that it is no longer possible to capture the state of several levels of children and grandchildren with this. However, I think the new is the more consistent and cleaner behavior, so I will leave it like this.

- Carsten