[Orgmode] Re: decimal fractions when summing up large numbers

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: decimal fractions when summing up large numbers
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:49:33 -0400

> turns out, org-table-sum is an old function I have not looked at for a
> long time.  It used (format "%g" res) to format the final result for
> display - bad idea indeed, because that causes the unwanted rounding.
>
> I have removed this, the change has just been pushed to the git repo.

:)

Carsten is too fast.  I was going to ship a patch that just changed %g
to %s in the format call (since that seemed to work for me) but when I
pulled the new code from git master it was already fixed.

Great job Carsten!

Rainer: Oh and thanks for bringing this up - I didn't know about C-c +
        in tables until a few minutes ago. :)

-Bernt