[Orgmode] Re: font lock mode can't get to work

From: Graham Smith
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: font lock mode can't get to work
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:04:36 +0100

>> ;; The following lines are always needed. Choose your own keys.
>> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
>
> This line looks wrong.  What's the extra \\' for after .org?
>
> I have the following:
>
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\)$" . org-mode))
>
> so that any files ending in .org or .org_archive trigger org-mode.

Ah, your comments have made me realise what the problem is. The line
has been copied from the PDF of the manual, but the single apostrophe
doesn't paste properly. I had corrected one but not the other.

Its working now. I did know it was going to be something stupid.

Thanks, your post made me look at this line that much more closely.

Graham