Re: [Orgmode] adding up decimal fractions in the spreadsheet

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] adding up decimal fractions in the spreadsheet
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:20:05 +0200

Hi Carsten,

2008/9/27 Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>:
> The other thing you can do is to use your own format to convert the number.
>  Maybe something like "%.2f" will work for you?  Hard to make this correct
> for the general case though.

Yes, this is not a way to go, as far as I can see, for exactly that reason.

Interestingly,

|  12130.68 |
|  -1444.19 |
| -12744.90 |
|   -186.00 |
|   7000.00 |
|  -7056.00 |
|   -335.58 |
|   -277.00 |
|  -2912.99 |
#+TBLFM: @address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@8$1

gives the correct value, there's no need to add `;f2' at the end of
the last line.  This in itself is a way to go, of course, but would be
more comfortable to have a way to sum up all rows but the last one
(without having to keep track of the number of rows) or at least to
work with ranges, which as far as I have seen so far seems not to be
possible in this case.

These are minutiae, of course.  org-mode is already excellent, and
since I discovered it a few weeks ago, I've been making use of it at
all times.

Many thanks again,

Rainer
--