RE: [Orgmode] Inactive and Active date stamp editing

From: Chris Randle
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Inactive and Active date stamp editing
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:25:04 +0100

Hi Carsten

You wrote:
> I have fixed issue 1 and 2, but I think 3 I will leave alone.  It is
> purely cosmetic, and Org asks for a date/time in so many places that
> it would be a lot or work to always pass that information.  The only
> thing I might consider is to remove the brackets alltogether in the
> live display of the read-date interface.  But then< I do not think
> this is really relevant.

Thank you for implementing those changes. I agree with you on point 3 -
it's cosmetic (although it does convey some information), so if it's not
trivial to implement, I'm glad you've passed on it to devote time to
more worthy items. And I'd vote for leaving the Date+time editor's <>
brackets alone in that case.

Thank you for Org-mode and the herculean effort you put in to
accommodating requests, yet somehow managing to avoid polluting the
clean design and orthogonal functionality.

--
Chris Randle