[Orgmode] LaTeX export gives extra lines between table of contents and f

From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang
Subject: [Orgmode] LaTeX export gives extra lines between table of contents and first section
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:04:17 -0700

I'm new to Org-Mode, and I'm getting to like it a lot!

I am running Org 6.07b.  I have this simple Org file:

* top level

** second level
   test

If I run M-x org-export-region-as-latex, I get this output:

% Created 2008-10-02 Thu 17:58
\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\title{* top level}
\author{Tang Hsiu Khuern}
\date{02 October 2008}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents

** second level
   test
\section{second level}

   test

\end{document}

As you can see, there are extra lines between \tableofcontents and \section,
which I think shouldn't be there.  If I select the whole file as the region and
run M-x org-export-region-as-latex, the extra lines get _duplicated_:

\tableofcontents

** second level
   test

** second level