Re: [Orgmode] #+LATEX_PREAMBLE

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] #+LATEX_PREAMBLE
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:32:03 +0200

On Oct 2, 2008, at 6:09 AM, Austin Frank wrote:

Carsten and org-ers--

I have a feature request related to \LaTeX export.  I know that we can
set up custom \documentclass declarations in org-export-latex-classes,
and that each of these can contain arbitrary preamble information along
with the \documentclass{} declaration.  I also know that the preamble
can be further customized using file local variables to set
org-export-latex-append-header. These two solutions can seem relatively
heavyweight when one just wants to add a new \usepackage{} declaration
to the preamble of a specific file.

Any chance we could have a mechanism to add single line declarations to
the preamble of the exported tex file using the #+FOO syntax?  I would
really love to be able to do something like

#+LATEX_PREAMBLE:  \usepackage{pstricks}
#+LATEX_PREAMBLE:  \usepackage{Sweave}

Hi Austin,

I have implemented this proposal, with the slightly shorter

#+LATEX_HEADER:

Multiple lines can be used.

It already works, documentation is still missing.

- Carsten