Re: [Orgmode] RELEASE: Org-mode 6.08a

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] RELEASE: Org-mode 6.08a
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:39:55 -0500

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Manish <address@hidden> wrote:
>  On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 5:59 AM, William Henney wrote:
>  > On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>  >> Maybe a caching problem?
>  >>
>  >
>  > Maybe. But caching where?
>  >
>  > --------------------------------------------------------------
>  > $ curl -s http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz | tar tzf - | head -1
>  > org-6.07b/
>  > --------------------------------------------------------------
>  >
>  > I am not using any proxy (to the best of my knowledge).
>  >
>  > Are you saying that org.tar.gz is 6.08 for you?
>
> FWIW, it is for me.
>
> ,----
> | lappy:~/tmp $ curl -s http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz | tar tzf - | head -1
> | org-6.08c/
> `----

Thanks for checking Manish. Strange. I get org-6.07b from any machine
on my home network, but when I ssh to the office and do it from there
I get org-6.08c, just like I should. Maybe my home ISP is running a
transparent caching proxy...

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia