[Orgmode] make install-info fails for 6.08c

From: William Henney
Subject: [Orgmode] make install-info fails for 6.08c
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:33:39 -0500

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am releasing Org version 6.08.

Sorry for the bother again, but now that I have managed to download
the right file, it falls over at the install-info stage:

address@hidden:org$ make install-info
install-info --info-file=doc/org --info-dir=~/emacs/info
~/emacs/info/dir: could not read (No such file or directory) and could
not create (No such file or directory)
make: *** [install-info] Error 1

I have no idea why this doesn't work, except for the fact that I
always seem to have problems with info directories...

The directory does exist, but there is no "dir" file there. There
seems nothing strange about the permissions:

address@hidden:org$ ls -ld ~/emacs/info
drwxrwxr-x  27 will  staff  918  6 Oct 11:18 /Users/will/emacs/info

It looks like the install-info rule has changed since 6.07. It used to
just use cp to install the files, which worked fine for me, so I have
just reverted the Makefile back to the old method for now.

I am on OS X 10.5.5 in case it matters.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia