Re: [Orgmode] Re: RELEASE: Org-mode 6.08a

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: RELEASE: Org-mode 6.08a
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:15:24 +0200

On Oct 6, 2008, at 8:03 AM, Manish wrote:
I am sure there's more to it but this was enough for me to be
convinced of it's utility.  I just wish that:

1. it copied attachemnts instead of moving them (may be an option),
 and

I think John implemented this as "move" because the original idea was to attach files that have no other home, that should really be associated with the task, only live inside the task. But I could see copies, and even more so hard links as being useful as well. This would make entries into some kind of "Smart Folder", where you easily links files without having to insert links into the Org file.

2. there was another option to archive the attachment directory from
the launcher menu itself (a `Z' for zip, just like there is `D' for
deletion.)

Well, C-c C-a has at least 52 keys to play with, so we can add useful ideas, even though I would not like to bloat the system.

Zipping could be useful, but I guess the target zip file should then be outside the task attachment directory? Where?

Maybe one could have a zipper that exports the task to HTML as README.html and wraps it up with all the attached files.... :-)

- Carsten