Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:28:53 +0200

Hi Manish,

On Oct 7, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Manish wrote:

 On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Manish wrote:
Hello All,

I have set a "#+FILETAGS: :Personal:" in my org file (did a C-c C-c
to initilalize it.)  The tag did not appear in the agenda view like I
expected it to.  I was hoping to use agenda view filtering on tags to
see a subset of tasks with that tag (without having to set that for
all tasks.)  What else do I need to do for it to work?

Okay.  I think I realize my mistake now.

The FILETAGS are NOT meant to be displayed and hence can not be used
for filtering items in agenda view.  They are meant to be matched
while creating agenda only.

No. They are used when the agenda is created, and they are stored in a text property on the entry. If you press "T", you should see all the tags of an entry. I just tested it, and it works fine, including filtering, which acts on the text-property tags, not only on the displayed tags.

Maybe you have turned off tag inheritance? Because file tags are *inherited* by all entries in the buffer.

HTH

- Carsten

So I guess my question now becomes, does anyone know an easier way to
add a tag to a bunch of items?

-- Manish