n810.... Re: [Orgmode] Re: Any iPhone devellopers here

From: Daniel M German
Subject: n810.... Re: [Orgmode] Re: Any iPhone devellopers here
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:58:37 -0700

 Jeff> So I had started to write a translator for OrgMode to OmniFocus on the
 Jeff> iPhone, but I never got the WebDAV updates to function properly, and
 Jeff> it didn't sync back (OF -> Org).  This made it basically unusable and
 Jeff> not so hot.

 Jeff> If you jailbreak your phone, you can probably get a lot further on
 Jeff> this project, as you can run any compiled executable that you bless
 Jeff> with `ldid -S filename`.  I'm not sure if anyone has tried compiling
 Jeff> emacs on the iPhone, but I imagine that would be quite a feat in it's
 Jeff> self.  Though it's probably the only way to leverage all your org-mode
 Jeff> elisp.  If you could settle for some subset, you could probably
 Jeff> rewrite what you needed in Obj-C.

 Jeff> Any ideas you have for this I'd appreciate hearing about as well.

I know this is totally off-topic, but related.

I recently got a N810. The keyboard makes Emacs very usable. I now
have org in it and it is great. I use subversion to syncronize
devices.

One think I really like is remember mode in it. It is way better to
take notes in remember than in any note taking app.

--dmg

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/