Re: [Orgmode] Re: Incompatible change in latest push

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Incompatible change in latest push
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:58:08 +0200

On 2008-10-16 08:28:29(-0400), Bernt Hansen wrote:
Thanks for restoring the old behaviour.

This was confusing me a bit -- I have lots of tasks where the clock
drawer is way down in the body of the task after lots of repeated 'DONE' notes (for some of my cyclic tasks). I was used to the latest DONE note being at the top and all of a sudden it looked to me like the logging of
the repeated task stopped working - but in fact the entry was placed
after my :CLOCK: drawer somewhere in the middle of the task and was much
harder to find.

Ah, I didn't think of that. Sorry. I had been manually moving my drawers back to the top of the entry since I noticed them moving. Adding the note after the CLOCK drawer when the drawer is not at the start of the entry is completely wrong; the note insertion code should only skip drawers if they are immediately
after the scheduling keywords.

This sounds like a reasonable proposal, and I would
accept a patch that interpretes the new variable in this way. I will then
also reconsider the default setting, not sure what is the best way yet.

- Carsten