Re: [Orgmode] orgstruct-mode for Emacs Lisp files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] orgstruct-mode for Emacs Lisp files
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:58:33 +0200

On Oct 16, 2008, at 6:51 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Hi,
thanks, outline-minor-mode works. And after I set outline-regexp, it felt more like org-mode.

However, it's not based in org-mode; for instance I could not move trees with M-up M-down and do other operations I like from org's outline.

I thought orgstruct-mode would be better. But can orgstruct-mode do what the FAQ explains? From the manual it seems as if it could; therefore I think that it would be useful to explain in the manual (section 2.10) more about orgstruct's shortcomings or alternatives.

Not really. Orgstruct-mode is based on Org, and that really assumes in many places that outline headings start with stars. So many of the commands will not simply work by changing the outline-regexp.

 Thanks,
Daniel

PS: yes, there's also outline-magic.el (by the way, the link in the FAQ goes to a cyclic „HTTP: Found“ page), but I would still prefer „orgstruct-mode“ over „outline-mode with additions“, since what I want is Org.

I don't thin this will work, outline-magic is your best bet.

- Carsten