[Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Manish
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:16:25 +0530

  On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
  > Manish writes:
  >
  >>   On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
  >>   [snip]
  >>   > This works for me.  I added
  >>   >
  >>   > #+FILETAGS: :Personal:
  >>   >
  >>   > to the top of one of my org files, hit C-c C-c on the line to
  >>   > reinitialize and then match tags with Personal as the target with
  >>   >
  >>   > C-c a m Personal RET
  >>   >
  >>   > and it lists all of the tasks in my org file including top-level tasks.
  >>   > The tasks do now show :Personal: in the display but using T
on any tasks
  >>   > shows the tag is inherited.
  >>   >
  >>   > I hit T on a task 4 levels deep and it includes the Personal tag.
  >>   >
  >>   > It also works with
  >>   >
  >>   > #+FILETAGS: Personal
  >>
  >> Thanks Bernt.  It works this way for me as well.  I guess I should be
  >> able to mimic similar behaviour by restricting agenda to that specific
  >> buffer as well.
  >>
  >> But does it (task filtering based on tags using "/") work while you
  >> are in agenda view?
  >
  > Yes this works for me.  / TAB <tagname> works even if tagname is not in
  > org-tag-alist.  Some of my (new) FILETAGS are still in my org-tag-alist
  > so I can just filter with the quick-keys but for the ones that are not
  > the / TAB <tagname> works fine.
  >
  > I tested this with C-a a t to show all my todo keyword tasks without
  > scheduled dates and then used / to filter that list down to some
  > specific FILETAG tagname.

Finally, agenda filtering on tags works for me.  Unfortunately, I am
not sure if it was an update, tweak or some other tinkering that fixed
it but it works beautifully.  It is now one of my favourite features.
I did not expect but was pleasently surprised to find that it allowed
filtering an already filtered view.  Carsten also fixed tab completion
of tags.  Sweet.

Will it be possible/useful to add some kind of indication to modeline
showing that filtering is in effect and the filters applied (may be
like "(Org Agenda Day Diary Filtered: P, t)")?  But I love it even
without it.

-- Manish