Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How to use FILETAGS?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:16:40 +0200

Hi Manish,

I very much like the idea to add an indicator to the agenda mode line, and will do that.

You said that you can filter an already filtered view. This is only partially correct. If you do that, it is not so that you will further filter down the current list. Instead, a new filter will be applied to the original list. At first I had it in fact implemented in a way that several filters could be used in a row, but John Wiegley (how asked for this feature) convinced me that the current convention is better.

What this feature really does is saving you the definition of different agenda commands selecting for specific tasks. Instead, you can now create one view and then filter it for different tags.

We could implement filtering for several tags, but I am not sure if this will be really so useful.

- Carsten