Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode Presentation Videos

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Mode Presentation Videos
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 13:45:44 -0500

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 02:02:07PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> Sebastian Rose wrote:
> First, I don't know emacs lisp. I've been planning to learn it, but
> finding the time is difficult and I'm not a professional programmer.

Don't need to know lisp. ;]

> Second, the customizations I use for LaTeX vary widely between files. My
> understanding of your code, please correct me if I'm wrong, is that if I
> have multiple header files for different types of documents, then I must
> change my .emacs each time I want to change headers. This doesn't seem
> to be very convenient to me. I suppose it is possible to write some code
> to take care of multiple header files, but what if one has a brand new
> header file?

There is a new feature where you can use template lines for the latex
header instead of customizing .emacs or loading a local variable.

#+LATEX_HEADER my header here
#+LATEX_HEADER my second row here

I think this is new in git, you may have to have the latest.

> Please understand that I haven't really explored the LaTeX export
> features of org-mode very thoroughly. However, my impression is that the
> LaTeX export capabilities of org-mode are somewhat limited at this time.
> This isn't a bad thing. I don't think org-mode was designed to be a
> replacement for something like AUCTeX. Anyway, org-mode is works well
> for me for non-LaTeX tasks, so I'll continue to rely on it.

I use org for the main structure, and then include latex code in my
org docs for tweaks. It works pretty well.

Enjoy

Russell Adams                            address@hidden