Re: [Orgmode] import mail messages like mhc?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] import mail messages like mhc?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:05:08 +0200

Hi David,

it has 'something similar', which is more general (thus not restricted
to emails).

In org-mode, you may define remember templates

Pressing 'C-c r' somewhere, automatically adds a link to a file, mail,
bbdb-entry etc. to your remember note, and gives you a chance to add
some more text, timestamps (scheduling....) and even more links.

Pressing 'C-c r' in code you're working on, adds a link to the place
in that file. By clicking the link later on, you may go back to that
place (file, mail, bbdb...).

In case the manual is not enough, don't hesitate to call us back here.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Remember.html#Remember

Best regards,

  Sebastian

address@hidden wrote:
Hi All;

I am currently using a Frankenstein-duct-tape-monster made from mhc
and org-mode to track time and manage todos. For various reasons I
would like to switch to just org-mode. One thing I really like about
mhc is the ability to semi-automatically turn a mail message (in
e.g. mew, gnus, wanderlust) into an agenda item/todo.  Partly this is
because mhc agenda items are MH messages, but the thing I would like
to copy is that it reads the message body and surprisingly often
guesses the date and time of an appointment. Before I try to port this
to org-mode, has someone already done something similar?

David