Re: [Orgmode] Bug on file publish

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug on file publish
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:10:09 +0100

Hi,

in org-publish-get-base-files-1

(car (file-attributes "~/notes/.#index.org"))

gives address@hidden:1225047914

!!!

So we have to test, if fd-p is the name of an existing file in
base-dir. That's it.

            (if (and fd-p --HERE--  recurse
                     (not (string-match "^\\.+$" fnd))
                     (if skip-dir (not (string-match skip-dir fnd)) t))

Regards,

  Sebastian

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Richard,

Maybe this is some file locking mechanism?

I am quite sure that Org does not create this file explicitly.

Can you try to figure out exactly how things happen in org-publish-get-base-files-1, and which line exactly is causing the error to be triggered?

- Carsten

On Oct 25, 2008, at 2:09 AM, Richard Riley wrote:

If I modify a file and then publish it using "C-c C-e f" without saving
it I get an error of the form:

,----
| File error: "Opening directory", "no such file or directory",
| "/home/shamrock/webs/mydomain/.#index.org"
`----

I traced it through with edebug (how do you set a watch on a variable? I
couldnt get it through my thick skull from the manual).

Anyway, the error occurs in

org-publish-get-base-files-1

and is a result of a broken link :
,----
| lrwxrwxrwx 1 shamrock shamrock 54 2008-10-25 02:03 .#index.org -> address@hidden:1224638771
| address@hidden:~/webs/mydomain$ cat .#index.org
| cat: .#index.org: No such file or directory
`----

The link is created somewhere in the publish process and is not properly
constructed if the file has not been saved prior to publish.

Someone more familiar with the process might know immediately where to
fix it, if not I will have a crack next week.

--
We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces. ~Carl Sagan