Re: [Orgmode] feature request: org-yank to call org-paste-subtree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] feature request: org-yank to call org-paste-subtree
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:16:51 +0100

On Oct 28, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Samuel,

this is not the default behavior in the latest git, below

this is *now* the default.....   might become a typist in my
next life, but not in this one...... :-(

is the preliminary documentation.  Depending on the reactions I get,
I might still turn this off by default.  However, I like it
and will keep it on.

Thanks!

- Carsten

When yanking a cut/copied subtree or a series of trees, even
the nomal yank key `C-y' does now adjust the level of the tree
to make it fit into the current outline position, without
loosing its identity, and without swallowing other subtrees.

This uses the command `org-past-subtree'.  An additional
change in that command has been implemented:  Normally, this
command picks the right outline level from the surrounding
*visible* headlines, and uses the smaller on.  So it the
cursor is between a level 4 and a level 3 headline, the tree
will be pasted as level 3.  Now, if the cursor is actually
*at* the beginning of a headline, the level of that headline
will be used.  So lets say you have a tree like this:

 * Level one
 ** Level two
 (1)
 (2)* Level one again

with (1) and (2) indicating possible cursor positions for the
insertion.  When at (1), the tree will be pasted as level 2.
When at (2), it will be pasted as level 1.

If you do not like `C-y' to behave like this, configure the
variable `org-yank-adjusted-subtrees'.