Re: [Orgmode] Bindings for selection of dates after C-c C-s?

From: mdl
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bindings for selection of dates after C-c C-s?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:00:04 -0500

Ángel de Vicente <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've checked the ORG documentation but did not find how to navigate in
> the  mini-buffer for the selection of date that shows up after issuing
> the  command C-c C-s for scheduling of a TODO task.
>
> By default it shows me today, and I've realized that I can type +1 or
> such  expressions and I will get it scheduled for tomorrow. This is
> convenient,  but if I want to schedule something for, say, January
> 23rd, how can I do  it? For the moment I can change to the calendar
> buffer, select the date  there and then press enter. But, is there a
> way to navigate through the  possible dates in the mini-buffer to
> speed it up? I've tried with the  arrow keys, PageUp, PageDn, etc. but
> was not lucky...

Which version of Org are you using? In the more recent versions you
can navigate dates with the arrow keys and you can navigate months
with < and > without leaving the minibuffer.

Other examples:

Type "." to schedule something for today.

Type "Nov 10" to schedule something for November 10, 2008.

Type "Fri" to schedule something for this upcoming Friday.

If you're using org-mode 4.x, I believe some of these shortcuts will
be missing.

Matt Lundin