Re: [Orgmode] keeping track of sent emails in org?

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] keeping track of sent emails in org?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:06:28 -0700

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:07:57PM +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:

> I just saw this thread and believe that
>
>   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/org-mairix.el
>
> might contain parts of the answer, at least. I've been trying to come up
> with a better solution, and kept meaning to come back to it, but haven't
> managed thus far.
>
> The fundamental problem of getting the message ID, which is sufficient
> for linking to an article through mairix search has been solved, though.

For the very few people who use OS X, mutt, Quicksilver and org-mode,
I've got a solution to this at

http://claviclaws.net/org/

I use Quicksilver to trigger an AppleScript which send a key command
to mutt, triggering the following macro:

macro index,pager "I" "<pipe-message>/usr/bin/formail -X Message-ID -X
Subject | cut -d\">\" -f1 | tr -d \"<\" |
~/.mutt/org-mairix-link.sh\n"

This uses formail to pass the Message-ID and Subject to a shell script
(available at above site) which in turn formats an org-mairix link and
sends it to the Emacs kill-ring.

Hope this might be of some use,

Christopher