[Orgmode] Org publish hierarchies and style variable

From: mdl
Subject: [Orgmode] Org publish hierarchies and style variable
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:37:01 -0500

A question: The org-publish tutorial recommends the use of template
files for setting the relative link to the stylesheet for nested
directories to be published to html.

- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php

E.g.,

For first level directories such as

  ~/org/
      |- css/
      |  |- stylesheet.css
      |- index.org
      |- Emacs
      |   |- index.org

~/org/Emacs/index.org would contain the following:

#+SETUPFILE: ~/.emacs.d/level-1.org

which points to a setupfile with the option:

#+STYLE: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"\
         href="../stylesheet.css" />

My question: Instead of this method, which I find a little tedious,
I've created a hardlink to the master css directory in each
subdirectory of my project. As a result the, css files get copied to
each subdirectory in my public web directory and I only need to
specify a single style option in my org-publish-alist.

Apart from taking up extra disk space on the server (and thus being
less economical), are there any other potential problems with this
approach? I'm using org as a wiki and have a lot of org files in each
subdirectory. This approach seems easier than having to add and tweak
the SETUPFILE option for each new org file.

---
Matt Lundin
mdl at imapmail dot org