[Orgmode] Where to define functions for use with org

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: [Orgmode] Where to define functions for use with org
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:47:57 +0100

Hi, I'd like some suggestions about storing (defun)s in .org-files.

  Sometimes Org must use ELisp functions, for instance:
 - a dynamic table uses a function org-dblock-write:some_name to create its
contents
 - a table uses a formula like $5='(my-function $2) which does a calculation
not available in calc

  These scenarios require that you have already the functions you will use. If
you wrote the (defun ...) in your code, you must go there and do C-x C-e to
evaluate all of them.

  My question is: ¿how would you make this process automatic and still
distribute the function code together with the .org file?

  org provides already contrib/org-eval.el, but I don't want to enable org-eval
*globally*, and I am not interested in outputting content; just in defining
functions.
  Maybe there are other methods: ideally something similar to Emacs' „local
variables“ in headers but for functions.

  How do you do this?

  Thanks,
Daniel