Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-toggle-timestamp-type

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-toggle-timestamp-type
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:46:51 +0100

Ben Alexander <address@hidden> writes:

> I apologize if this is a repeat.  It's in my sent items, but I haven't
> seen it on the list yet. I edited the message bit, and added a bit
> more:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I cannot figure out how to use version control in general, and git
>> in particular.  So I can't generate a proper patch. However, I think
>> there is a mistake with org-toggle-timestamp-type.

With regard to git:

I have been playing with git and its a bit of a muddle as there are so
many options and alternatives which cover similar command
subsets. Having just discovered dvc the waters are even muddier.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Git

But if you use emacs 23 then most basic revision control commands are
there are described in the version control section of the emacs manual.

My personal favorite is here as it includes a good tutorial but, for
some reason, refuses to status my .emacs.d.  But it works well with
org-mode project which you can clone. Note the use of the graphical tool
gitk too. It is also the only one which use ediff as a default and the
only one which provides graphical status bar indicators of your file's
git status.

http://tsgates.cafe24.com/git/git-emacs.html

The most promising one with regard to staging and branching is magit:

http://github.com/technomancy/magit/tree/master

And the author is generally online in the #emacs irc channel.

regards

richard.