Re: [Orgmode] Re: Including state-changed headings in the agenda

From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Including state-changed headings in the agenda
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:23:11 -0700

* On Fri 07:29PM +0000, 31 Oct 2008, address@hidden (address@hidden) wrote:
> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > However I think what Hsiu-Khuern Tang is asking is that _completed_ logs
> > show up in the agenda (ie the fact that it was marked DONE yesterday).
> >
> > As far as I know you can't do that.  When you mark a repeating task done
> > it just reschedules to the future and there is no viewable log in the
> > agenda that you did it previously (unless you clock time against it)
> >
> > -Bernt
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood the question.
>
> Yes, as far as I'm aware, the "DONE" lines don't show up in the log.

Yes, that's what I meant.

> As Bernt suggested, I imagine you could write a function to clock the
> items when you switch them to done. That way they'd show up in the
> log.

Thanks for both of you for suggesting the use of clocked tasks.  I did briefly
consider it, but I think it is too heavy-duty for my current use of Org-mode.

I suppose I can always use a keyword search for such lines.  It shouldn't be
too hard to find a regexp that matches both "DONE" and the timestamp.

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.