[Orgmode] Orgtbl-mode questions

From: Nicholas S-A
Subject: [Orgmode] Orgtbl-mode questions
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:13:50 -0500

Hi all,
    I have some questions pertaining to orgtbl-mode. I am really excited
about using it to compose all my LaTeX tables, and in fact learned Emacs
and Org specifically for this purpose (well, I also learned them for all
the other awesome features of Org-mode.
    First of all, I was wondering how I could add vertical bars to a
table (so instead of \begin{tabular}{rrr}, something like
\begin{tabular}{r|rr} is generated when C-c C-c is executed in an
orgtbl-mode remote table). Is this possible?
    Second, I have had some problems with calculations. I have the
following format for my table:

% BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL test
% END RECEIVE ORGTBL test
\begin{comment}
#+ORGTBL: SEND test orgtbl-to-latex :splice nil :skip 0
| Name  | Age | Height |
|-------+-----+--------|
| Bob   |  34 |      2 |
| James |  23 |    1.8 |
| Fred  |  64 |    1.2 |
|-------+-----+--------|
| TOTAL |<pt> |        |
\end{comment}

With <pt> as the location of point. I want to sum the ages and put them
in that cell, then sum the height and put them in the adjacent cell.
When I enter the formula :=vsum(@-II+1$2..-I-1$2) into the current cell
and then tab to the next cell and enter :=vsum(@-II+1$3..-I-1$3), it
works great. However, this is very tedious when many columns are used!
Is there a way to enter many formulae in a row and have the column
automatically updated?

Thanks for the help!
Nicholas