Re: [Orgmode] Including state-changed headings in the agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Including state-changed headings in the agenda
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:04:02 +0100

On Oct 29, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

Hi,

Let's say I have a repeating task like this:

** TODO Do this
  SCHEDULED: <2008-10-29 Wed +1w>

Cycling to a done state will track the done time and increment the scheduled
time according to the repeater:

** TODO Do this
  - State "DONE"       [2008-10-29 Wed 10:44]
  SCHEDULED: <2008-11-05 Wed +1w>

How can I display such items in the daily agenda? Turning on log mode will only display CLOSED items, but since the above task is not closed, it doesn't
show up.

This is now possible.  To do it just for a single view,
press `C-u l' instead of `l' in the daily/weekly agenda.

If you like what you see and want this always to be present when you turn on log mode, customize the variable `org-agenda-log-mode-items'.

Now, if you finish only ones task during a day, but with several state changes, you can feel very productive already :-)

HTH

- Carsten