[Orgmode] I am impressed

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] I am impressed
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:32:20 +0100

Dear all,

I would like to express my satisfaction with the quality
of bug reports and feature request I have received recently.
It is becoming very clear now that more and more people
really "get" Org, a fact that is reflected by the many
requests I have seen, most of which totally make sense
and play along nicely with the philosophy and structure
of Org.

I am also excited about the number and quality of patches
I have received lately.  These indicate that more
people are diving into the code and actually manage to
understand it.

In order to help this process further along, I have
started to drastically improve my commit messages in the git
repository.  I hope that these will serve as a doorway to
let interested reader in on the internals of Org.  The
commit messages enhance each commit with context of the
functionality addressed, and with reasons why the
implementation of the change is as it is.  Credit in
this realm goes to Bernt Hansen is continues to patiently
educate me about the secrets of git, and how to
use it properly.

To those of you playing with Git, I also highly recommend a
beautiful document[1] written by - who else? - John Wiegley.
This document will way helping you to wrap your head
around the strange but beautiful and incredibly powerful
world of Git.

Thanks to all of you.  My hour for today is over, back tomorrow :-)

- Carsten

[1] http://www.newartisans.com/blog_files/git.from.bottom.up.php