[Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?

From: Mac
Subject: [Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:12:06 +0000 (UTC)

I would like to convert my ASCII-images inside my document.org before exporting
the document to HTML.

I've found this converter, ditaa, which is a java program that takes an ASCII
text file and creates a png file (http://ditaa.sourceforge.net/).

I intend to find my ASCII figure, save it as a separate text file, and run ditaa
on it. In my document.org I'll comment the ASCII-art so it won't be exported and
add a link so the image will be included in the html file.

[[file:figure_1.png]]
#+BEGIN_COMMENT
                 V,mA

               +-----+
               |40140|
               +-----+

              |        +----+
           +----+
           |4060|
           +----+

           Relay Out
#+END_COMMENT

Before reinventing the wheel, anyone done anything similar, or have ideas?