Re: [Orgmode] Re: Does this happen to you? Aquamacs messes with you! (bu

From: Peter Frings
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Does this happen to you? Aquamacs messes with you! (but I still like my Mac)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:09:05 +0100

On 07 Nov 2008, at 16:33, Peter Jones wrote:

Ben Alexander <address@hidden> writes:
I normally use Aquamacs. It's very pretty, and uses the mouse without
having to start an X server.

[snip]

Ben, Aquamacs isn't the only option for Emacs on Mac OS X, it's actually
the worst option for Emacs on Mac OS X, IMHO.

I second that. I've been using Carbon Emacs 22.2.50.1 and its predecessors for years now, trying Aquamacs now and then, but never felt the urge to switch. Do check it out.

The 'official' stable release is on http://homepage.mac.com/zenitani/emacs-e.html -- and I just noticed he's got the 22.3 release available :-)

Cheers,
Peter.