[Orgmode] Re: orgmode and physical fitness training

From: Mikael Fornius
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: orgmode and physical fitness training
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:25:16 +0100

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Speeding up these functions would also pay off if/when org-mode is used
> on more portable handheld computers.

That is a good point. I will try to see if I am able to make some
improvement and I know that without inherited tags it is about 10 times
faster.

I have my own recursive map headings function who passes inherited tags,
it is much faster, but it would be even nicer if a more general function
like org-map-entries could remember and pass inherited tags (and
properties?) in some smart way...

> I will certainly apply this to org-collector.el.  In fact if you would
> be interested in collaborating on this tool --for speed, stability,
> cleaner arguments and results printing-- I could upload this to worg
> where we could both make changes.

I am registered on Worg-git but I have never committed anything just
looked around and I like it.

Yes, I am interested in collaboration. You have read my reply about my
personal goals of a all-round statistical diary. I think that this tool
can be a nice beginning.

/Mikael Fornius