Re: [Orgmode] Re: orgmode and physical fitness training

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: orgmode and physical fitness training
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:52:44 +0100

Hi,

if you do not need the tags, calling

   (org-entry-properties nil 'standard)

will be a lot faster.

- Carsten

On Nov 6, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

Mikael Fornius <address@hidden> writes:

David O'Toole <address@hidden> writes:

Does anyone else here use org-mode for fitness and/or health tracking?
[...]
Lately I have been thinking of and trying to implement a true org- mode
running diary. Which means to use the org-mode file as raw-data file
(properties) instead of my parallell sexp-assoc-list-elisp-data-file.

I tried column mode but it is far too slow for 300 headings and the
calculations possible is only sums but I need much more.

Hi Mikael,

I ran into a very similar issue with column view lately while trying to
use org-mode to collect experimental results.  I created the attached
file, which can be used to collect data from properties in a manner
similar to column view, but using a simpler method meant only for table display, rather than column viewing, and allowing for the application of
general elisp to the values before they are dumped into the table.  I
think it would work in your case as well.

I applied it to the data you posted with the following results.  The
mechanics are working, but it could use some display cleaning. The file
`org-collector.el' is attached

<org-collector.el><mime-attachment.txt><mime-attachment.txt>