Re: [Orgmode] Re: Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:00:39 +0100

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:14 AM, Mac wrote:

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

I have been working on an org-mode add-on for the specialized processing
of #+begin_* blocks.  Since this is very similar to the need you
expressed below, I implemented ditaa processing as one of the examples
in the initial implementation of this add-on.

If you want to grab the org-exp-block.el file from

http://github.com/eschulte/org-contrib/tree/master/org-exp-blocks.el

you can use it to export ditaa blocks to images when exporting an org
file to html.  There are instruction in the top of the elisp file,
mainly you just need to load the file, and set `ditaa-jar-path' to the
path to ditaa.jar on your system.

Thanks, that was almost exactly what I wanted, I'm trying to make three
changes though:

* First I want to keep the ASCII-image in the original file for easy updating

* Second, and as a result of the above, I don't automatically include a link to the file. I know what's being called so that's no big deal to manually add

* Third (and here I've not yet succeded) I want to inhibit org-mode from
  exporting the now still lingering ASCII-image.

Hi Mac, I don't think I understand.

When I load Eric's code, the ASCII image is not exported. The png file is created on the fly and then *replaces* the ASCII drawing in HTML document - works beautifully for me.

In fact so beautifully that I am asking the author of ditaa if we can keep a copy in the contrib directory, so that all of this will work out of the box......

- Carsten

I've tried using comment blocks, but it does not work. I've just realized that
I don't have the latest org-mode installed, so I'll try again.

My current (non-working) block now looks like this:

[[file:blue.png]]

#+BEGIN_COMMENT
#+begin_ditaa blue.png -r -S
+---------+