RE: [Orgmode] Links to 'remember' notes?

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Links to 'remember' notes?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:05:27 -0800 (PST)

> I don't suppose C-u C-c C-c from the Remember buffer addresses your
> issue?  When I pop open a Remember buffer, the preface has the
> following comments in it:
>
> ##     C-c C-c  "~/org//notes.org" -> "* Tasks"
> ## C-u C-c C-c  like C-c C-c, and immediately visit note at target
> location
> ## C-0 C-c C-c  "~/org//notes.org" -> "* Tasks"
> ## C-1 C-c C-c  to select file and header location interactively.
> ## C-2 C-c C-c  as child of the currently clocked item
> ## To switch templates, use `C-c r'.  To abort use `C-c C-k'.
>

> So C-u C-c C-c saves the note and then visits the note.

My remember buffer doesn't have that preface.  But based on this
information, no C-u C-c C-c doesn't address my question.

Consider a todo.org file:

  * Today's List
    * Task #1
      {Cursor here}
    * Task #2
    * Task #n

With the cursor inside Task #1, I press C-cr to get to remember mode.  I
type something like:

   "don't forget to use calling card to avoid long distance charges"

If I hit "C-u C-c C-c" the note will be saved and I'll immediately go to
the notes file to view the note.  Once I get back to my original
todo.org file, there is nothing on Task #1 that links to the note I entered.

Now consider the same thing but when saving the note with some key
press, the note is saved in the note file, we return to the original
todo.org file but now it looks like this:

  * Today's List
    * Task #1
      _Note #1_   <-- link to note: [[file:notes.org::*don't...
    * Task #2
    * Task #n

David A. Gershman
address@hidden
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman