Re: [Orgmode] A more generic Effort property?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A more generic Effort property?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:26:33 +0100

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Inanna Underhill wrote:

Hi,

Now that you mention it, since you've included <> in property searches,
with the secondary filtering it's pretty simple to treat any numerical
property like Effort, I guess.

The only exception is that I can't easily sort by other properties.
When I figure out how to put that in org-agenda-sorting-strategy, my
problem is solved.

Yes, you currently cannot do this. Implementing this will not be easy, because the moment when sorting happens is when all the info is already extracted, so the comparison function would need to go back to the original entry to fish out the property values.

Or we could make a hook that is called when entries are selected, that could for inclusion of more property values, so that they would be available at the moment of sorting.....

- Carsten

Inanna