Inheritance of LOCATION when exporting ICal (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in o

From: Harri Kiiskinen
Subject: Inheritance of LOCATION when exporting ICal (Was: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in org-export-icalendar)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:41:13 +0200 (EET)

From: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug in org-export-icalendar
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:34:20 +0100

> yes, only times in time stamps will be used in iCalendar export.  Times in
> the headline
> are too unpredictable.  The agenda uses them as a service because nothing
> really bad can happen.  But if you want consistency across applications, you
> should define times in a consistent way, i.e. in the stamp.

Ok, explanation quite satisfactory. Second wish:

When exporting to icalendar, would it be possible to make the property
LOCATION to respect the setting in org-use-property-inheritance? I
like to group seminars under one heading, so I could just set the
LOCATION property there, and still get it exported to the .ics file
for each of the sub-headings.

If I understand correctly, the place to change is in org-exp.el, lines
4336 and 4458: (org-entry-get nil "LOCATION") from nil to 'selective'
or something.

Perhaps the selective inheritance could be allowed for DEADLINE
and SCHEDULED, too? I could imagine using this, too.

Best,

Harri K