Re: [Orgmode] Anchors/targets in org-export/publish

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Anchors/targets in org-export/publish
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:18:41 -0600

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> Question about org-export:
>
> I'd like to create invisible radio targets to html anchor links using
> org-export.
>
> E.g.,
>
> # <<radiotarget>>
>
> should become
>
> <a name="radiotarget"></a>
>
> Currently, however, there are a couple of behaviors of org-exp.el that
> make this difficult.
>
> 1) Org-export does convert invisible targets, but it puts paragraph
> tags around the anchor, thus creating an empty line in the html
> export, which messes up the layout.

>          <a name="radiotarget">&nbsp;</a>

Quick follow up to my previous message. Would it be possible to remove
the &nbsp above. That would prevent an extra line in the output, but
it might render the link useless in some browsers.

(I should also apologize for the strong phrase "messes up." Everything
works so wonderfully and magically in org-mode, so no expression of
frustration was intended here. Rather this is just a minor question
about tweaking html export.)

Thanks,

Matt