[Orgmode] Better links to usenet articles

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Better links to usenet articles
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:51:34 +0100

Hi all,

I want to propose 2 things concerning the option
org-usenet-links-prefer-google.

1. I would be nice if that feature was available for Gmane articles,
   too.

2. Articles which have X-No-Archive set to yes cannot be looked up at
   google, neither by message id nor with keywords.  It would be good if
   org-remember creates only web links that can be followed and fall
   back to usual links if X-No-Archive is set.

Here's an example to an article in comp.emacs which cannot be followed:

[[http://groups.google.com/groups%3Fas_umsgid%3D%3Cm3hc6cl3vp.fsf%40home.sweet.home%3E][Email
  from Myriam Abramson: Ant and emacs]]

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it
needs to be.