Re: [Orgmode] Tracking multiple checklists under a header?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tracking multiple checklists under a header?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:14:12 +0000 (GMT)

--- Lun 17/11/08, Oliver Charles <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Oliver,

> Here's an example of how I have things set up.
>
> * Personal Unit Test Templates
> *** Day [%]
>     - [/] Health
>       - [ ] I got out of bed on first alarm call
>       - [ ] I had a shower this morning
>       - [ ] I brushed my teeth this morning
>       - [ ] I had a substantial breakfast
>       - [ ] I didn't smoke today
>       - [ ] I didn't drink today
>     - [/] Commitments
>       - [ ] I attended all my lectures today
>       - [ ] You get the idea :-)
>
> There's more, of course - but I've hit a bit of a
> problem. If I update
> a "Health" task, the the "Day" %
> indicator gets updated as well

Well it really does *not* in the way you want ;-)
Look at the example:
*** Day [16%]
    - [1/6] Health
      - [ ] I got out of bed on first alarm call
      - [ ] I had a shower this morning
      - [ ] I brushed my teeth this morning
      - [ ] I had a substantial breakfast
      - [ ] I didn't smoke today
      - [X] I didn't drink today
    - [0/4] Commitments
      - [ ] I attended all my lectures today
      - [ ] You get the idea :-)
      - [ ] nine
      - [ ] tenth issue
(/ 100 6.0)
------------------
The percentage of the Day is 16%, that is 100/6 (16.666666),
and it is not 10%

This means that the other four Commitments are *not* considered
in the total of the Day.

> This is a bit of a pain, because the idea is to have a nice
> easy to
> scan view of my progress.
>
> Is there anyway to acheive what I want?

I think that you should have two different headlines
and expand them:
*** Day
:PROPERTIES:
:VISIBILITY: showall
:END:
****  [1/6] Health
       - [ ] I got out of bed on first alarm call
       - [ ] I had a shower this morning
       - [ ] I brushed my teeth this morning
       - [ ] I had a substantial breakfast
       - [ ] I didn't smoke today
       - [X] I didn't drink today
****  [0/4] Commitments
       - [ ] I attended all my lectures today
       - [ ] You get the idea :-)
       - [ ] nine
       - [ ] tenth
HTH

Giovanni

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di
fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo