[Orgmode] OT?: viewing pdf as attachment

From: John Rakestraw
Subject: [Orgmode] OT?: viewing pdf as attachment
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:40:32 -0500

Hi --

I think this is not specifically an org-mode issue, but it shows up in
org.

I've started using the file attachment feature. I really like the way
it works, except that it doesn't work consistently with pdf files on
one of my computers. I can attach a pdf easily, but when I try to open
the attachment from org-mode, acroread opens as expected but it doesn't
open the file -- instead, I have an empty acroread window (the same
window I get if I open acroread from the command line with no file
specified). The program is run, but somehow the file name isn't passed
to the program.

I'm puzzled because it works as expected on my other primary computer,
and both computers have basically the emacs and org-mode same set-up --
i.e., .emacs and the org-configuration files are identical. (I know
they're identical because they're synched between computers.) So there's
some other setting that's off. I'm hoping that someone can give me a
hint where to look. I've come up empty in my searches.

Set-up on both computers:
 - emacs 22.2.1
 - org 6.12trans
 - Fedora 8