Re: [Orgmode] org-archive-location

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-archive-location
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:09:13 -0500

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm getting the following message with org 6.12b when I try to set a
> custom org-archive-location:
>
> org-advertized-archive-subtree: Invalid `org-archive-location'
>
> I've tried this both with emacs 22.1.1 and 23.0.60.1.
>
> Here's the relevant configuration line:
>
> (setq org-archive-location "2008.org_archive")

This should probably be

     (setq org-archive-location "2008.org_archive::")

but it does seem that there is something missing from (or something
extra in) the description of the variable:

    org-archive-location is a variable defined in `org.elc'.
    Its value is "%s_archive::"

    Documentation:
    The location where subtrees should be archived.

    Otherwise, the value of this variable is a string, consisting of two
    parts, separated by a double-colon.

Maybe this should read:

    Documentation:
    The location where subtrees should be archived.

    The value of this variable is a string, consisting of two
    parts, separated by a double-colon.

Nick