Re: [Orgmode] git-diff and superfluous whitespace changes

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] git-diff and superfluous whitespace changes
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:40:25 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

As far as I know, this feature is Emacs 23 only (I had not
known about it prior your mail).  Interesting, maybe we should do this.

- Carsten

On Nov 19, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Hi,

I just found the projects support in the emacs manual [1] after reading
some mails on emacs-devel, and it works great. Not shure, if this is
emacs23-only.

To prevent patches from containing many lines of superfluous whitespace
changes, I added this simple .dir-settings in org-mode/ to my local
git-branches, and it's just fine [2]:

=> --->8----------------------------->8----------------------------- >8---
((nil . ((indent-tabs-mode . t)
        (tab-width . 8)
        (fill-column . 80)))
("lisp"
 . ((nil . ((change-log-default-name . "ChangeLog.local"))))))
<= ---8<-----------------------------8<-----------------------------8<---

Now a simple `git-diff' contains no lines with whitespace-only changes
anymore.

Carsten, could something like this be added to the org-mode/ directory?

Does this simple `project support' exist in earlier version of emacs?

Regards,

  Sebastian

---- Footnotes: ---------------

[1] [[info:emacs:Directory%20Variables][info:emacs:Directory Variables]]

[2]  I use `indented-tabs-mode nil' and whitespace cleanup here. I'm
     shure there's a lot missing. E.g., I plan to turn on the
     whitespace-cleanup for preceding whitespace again.

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose emma-stil de, sebastian_rose gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de